Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Life is like a Half Life 2 - get used to it.

In this post, I am going to talk about some relevancies of life to the popular computer FPS game, Half Life 2.

Life is indeed, almost like a Half Life 2, for me at least. When you do something, you got to fight for it. If you dont, nobody's going to care for you.

"The right man in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world."-Gman

Even with your allies, such as cvilians or guerilla fighters,when a difficult task pops up, its up to you, Gordon Freeman, to save the day. No one's going to do, but you. One may argue that being a computer game, they got to let you "play" some of the scenes. That is true, but I am drawing on the relevance of the game to real life experiences. Such as getting a bunch of retarded classmates who think so full of themselves. Then I have got to ask myself: "So what now Kenny How? What now? How are you going to do it Kenny How?"

It may be said as taking responsibility for your life, and its sure a hard (and to some a heroic thing to do), even though it is Normal to take responsibility for your life. Yep. thats the analogy I am drawing. If you are not doing to do it, then who, Kenny How?

And after you completed the mission (Woohoo!!! These freaks are gone for good!!!) You will be assigned an even harder mission. Til you cant take it. But you are supposed to take it. Just like what happened to Gordon at the end.

"Time, Dr Freeman, is it that time again?"

It is time for me to save my own day and take responsiblity for my life. Good bye, the combine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home